A very fine, white or slightly yellowish powder or irregular white masses which are readily reducible to powder, creaks when pressed between the fingers, odorless and tasteless.
Maize Starch exhibits all the properties of native starch with some special features such as non-foaming & non-thinning characteristics of boiling solution. Hence maize starch has a marginal effect on the efficiency in weaving and paper industry. Where high viscosity starch is used, it imparts higher tensile strength to the fiber and thus improves the sizing.
- Power house of calories
- Gastric dumping syndrome reliever
- Rashes, burns and itching can be overcome by applying some corn starch on the affected area
- Corn Starch removes excess oil from the skin
- Maize starch is used for its gelling or thickening properties in many sectors of agro-food applications (soups, delicatessen meats, sauces, pastas, creams).
- Used in Pastry, cream, Desserts, coating, etc.
- Sometimes preferred over flour alone because it forms a translucent mixture, rather than an opaque one.
- Flour adjuster (biscuits, cakes)
- Viscosity Reducer
- Ingredient for baby food powder
|Compendium Standards||IP||BP||USP – NF|
|Identification A, B, C||Complies||Complies||Complies|
|pH||Not Applicable||4.0 to 7.0||5.0 to 8.0|
|Acidity||Complies||Not Given||Not Given|
|Oxidising Substances||Complies||NMT 20 ppm||NMT 0.002%|
|Sulphated Ash, %||NMT 0.6||NMT 0.6||NMT 0.5|
|Loss on drying, %||NMT 15||NMT 15||NMT 14|
|Sulphur di-oxide||Not Given||NMT 50 ppm||NMT 0.008%|
|Iron||Not Given||NMT 10 ppm||NMT 0.002%|
|Total aerobic microbial count, cfu/g||NMT 100 #||NMT 100 #||NMT 100 #|
|Total yeast and mold count, cfu/g||NMT 20 #||NMT 20 #||NMT 20 #|
|Pseudomonas Aeruginosa||Absent in a 10g Sample||Absent in a 10g Sample||Absent in a 10g Sample|
|Escherichia Coli||Absent in a 10g Sample||Absent in a 10g Sample||Absent in a 10g Sample|
|Staphylococcus Aureus||Absent in a 10g Sample||Absent in a 10g Sample||Absent in a 10g Sample|
|Salmonella Species||Absent in a 10g Sample||Absent in a 10g Sample||Absent in a 10g Sample|
Available Packaging Type
|Big Bag||500 KG|
|Twin Lined HDPE Bag||25 KG|
|Paper Bag||25 KG|
|Paper Bag||25 KG|
|Fiber HDPE Drum||25 KG|
Other Pharmaceutical Excipients