Magnesium stearate is a very fine, light white, precipitated or milled, impalpable powder of low bulk density, having a faint odor of stearic acid and a characteristic taste. It mainly consists of variable proportions of magnesium stearate and magnesium palmitate obtained from vegetable sources.
Magnesium stearate increases the time it takes for tablets and capsules to dissolve due to the film it forms on capsule or tablet ingredients. Magnesium stearate coats a good portion of the molecules in a tablet or capsule, requiring digestive enzymes to break down the magnesium stearate coating before being able to access the nutrients it envelops.
- Proper hopper flow can be achieved.
- Minimal ejection force required
- Efficiency in production could be achieved.
- Life of Dies and punches improves.
- It is primarily used as a lubricant in capsule and tablet manufacturing.
- Magnesium stearate is widely used in cosmetics, foods, and pharmaceutical formulations.
- Used in barrier creams
- It can be used as an anti-caking agent in food applications.
UNIQUE FEATURES of SANCEL
- Increases tablet friability
- Surface area > 10m2/gm.
|Parameters||USP – NF|
|Identification A, B||Complies|
|pH||6.0 – 8.0|
|Heavy Metals, ppm||NMT 10|
|Sulphated Ash , %||NMT 5.0|
|Loss on drying, %||NMT 8|
|Assay, CMC Sodium||75 – 125|
|Total Aerobic Microbial Count, cfu/g||NMT 100 #|
|Total Yeast And Mold Count, cfu/g||NMT 20 #|
|Pseudomonas Aeruginosa||Absent in a 10g Sample|
|Escherichia Coli||Absent in a 10g Sample|
|Staphylococcus Aureus||Absent in a 10g Sample|
|Salmonella Species||Absent in a 10g Sample|
Available Packaging Type
|HDPE Bags||25 Kg|
|HDPE Bags||20 Kg|
|Paper Bags||25 Kg|
|Paper Bags||20 Kg|
*Our standard packaging is in 25 kg Bags. We can also customize packaging as per customers request at additional cost.
|20 Ft. (Approx Wt.)||10,000 Kg||12,000 Kg|
|40 Ft. (Approx Wt.)||20,000 Kg||24,000 Kg|
Other Pharmaceutical Excipients